We are taking several measures to halt the spread of COVID-19. Due to the nature of our practice, we have many patients with significant respiratory disease and compromised immune systems. We care about your health. We appreciate your understanding. Here are a just some of the steps we are taking to help our community stay safe during these challenge times:
- We are rescheduling any patient who has symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or who are still in quarantine after an exposure to COVID-19 or from a recent illness. We will reschedule any patient who may be infectious to others.
- All AAA staff are vaccinated and have received booster vaccinations for the COVID-19 virus.
- All AAA staff are currently being tested weekly and are all monitored closely for symptoms of COVID-19 while the positivity rate in our community is high.
- All AAA staff wear N95 or KN95 masks while at work.
- We require that all individuals wear face coverings while in our offices, and we prefer patients also wear N95 or NK95 masks.
- We have added HEPA filters in every patient room and in our waiting rooms
- We offer telemedicine visits for patients who are not comfortable or appropriate for in office visits.
- Allergy shot patients are still required to wait 30 min after their allergy shots. However, they can talk to our staff to see if they are eligible for waiting in alternative waiting locations and or making other accommodations for their wait.
- We strongly recommend all our patients receive vaccinations for COVID-19 – Please talk to your provider if you need help making informed decisions about the data on safety and efficacy of COVID-19 vaccinations.